Here’s 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles (and Orange County) this Holiday Season. The temperature is dropping here in Los Angeles; I think it was down to 68 degrees the other day…brrrr! But in all seriousness, the holiday season is definitely here and thriving in Southern California. When you are ready for a break from all that shopping, check out what these local moms had to say about these family friendly fun things to do with your loved ones over the holidays.
- Disneyland, also known as the Merriest Place on Earth is celebrating the holidays now through January 8th. There are lots of twinkling lights, a dressed up Jingle Cruise, a special decorated It’s a Small World, holiday treats, and of course, Mickey & Minnie Mouse! Click here to see highlights from Veena at Savvy Sassy.
- Grab your warm clothes and head over to Descanso Gardens and check out Enchanted: Forrest of Lights. Heather Brooker of Motherhood in Hollywood shows you more here.
- It’s getting very cold, especially at the Westlake Village. You may even see snow if you head over to Let it Snow at Westlake Village. Laura Nickerson from MomAngeles and The MomBuster has your snow report here.
- Knott’s Berry Farm transforms into Knott’s Merry Farm for the holiday season. Fun holiday shows, lots of shopping, yummy treats, and snow! Laura Stotland at MomAngeles has more here.
- If you want to meet Santa’s reindeer, then you should head on over to the LA Zoo and check out Reindeer Romp! Ruth from SoCal Pocket memories has the scoop here.
- Caryn has been chilling at CHILL at the Queen Mary in Long Beach. There’s Ice Skating, DIY Hot Chocolate, Glacier Glide Tubing Run and more!
- Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment is skating in to a venue near you this holiday season! Disney•Pixar’s Cars, Toy Story 3, Disney’s The Little Mermaid plus the enchanting Academy Award®-winning Frozen. Produced by Feld Entertainment. Click here to get your tickets!
- You can celebrate Grinchmas in Who-ville at Universal Studios. You are not going to want to miss the photo op with the Grinch himself and the 60 FOOT Tree! Tee, from That It LA will give you an inside look here.
- Love Legos? Head on down to Carlsbad for Legoland holiday celebration for the day or make a little trip out of it. You don’t want to miss the 30-foot tall Christmas tree that includes over 250 THOUSAND Legos plus ornaments and lights! Kathy, The Bel Air Mommie, has more here.
- If you are heading out with the kiddos to see the big man himself, Kristin Cruz has 5 steps to taking the perfect photo with Santa and where he might be hanging out! Click here.
Too cold to go out? Check out these great timeless animated classics from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment & DreamWorks Animation like The Original Christmas Classics Bundle (includes Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town, and The Little Drummer Boy), Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol, and VeggieTales: Merry Larry & the True Light of Christmas.
PHOTO CREDIT: Grove photo from We Like LA.
LAURA NIX GERSON is the Founder & Editor of MomAngeles a site she launched because she was planning a lot of playdates and her friends kept asking her where to go and what to do. So it seemed easier just to put it all online in one place. In a past life Laura was a publicist, event marketer and web producer….oh wait, she still is. Laura is a regular contributor to Modern Mom and Babble. She is also the CEO of Nix Gerson Media. Follow her @MomAngeles.